Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Microwave Cookie

If you are like me, you will crave a bit of chocolate at least three times a day.  I have a massive sweet tooth and love to have a little bit of a tasty treat when it is possible for me to.  Its something I really need to rein in.

However after I discovered how to make chocolate chip cookies in a mug, I knew there was no going back.  My sweet tooth will forever be indulged - I lost that battle.

The reason why this recipe is so deadly to plans of healthy eating is because it is so easy.    It only took me five minutes to make the first time I tried it.  And do NOT get me started on the smell of a fresh, warm cookie.

Here's how to make one:

1 tablespoon butter (I melted this, as it was easier to stir)
1 tablespoon white sugar - granulated
1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
3-4 drops of vanilla extract - depending on how you want the dough to taste.
A good pinch of kosher salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup of white flour
2 BIG tablespoons of chocolate chips

Start by mixing together your sugars, butter and salt in a mug - this will be what your cookie will "bake" in.  Melt your butter before stirring as it makes it much quicker.  Stir in vanilla drops.  Stir in the egg yolk (make sure it has been seperated from the egg white and that discarded).   Once all this is combined, mix in slowly the flour.  Make sure all flour clumps are stirred in before you microwave it.  If you don't those will burn!  Once that is done, dump in your tablespoons of chocolate chips and mix those in!

Cook your cookie-in-a-cup for 40-60 seconds in your microwave.  I would check, depending on how powerful your microwave is, for a baked cookie around 40 seconds.  Mine was done around 50.

Enjoy your new little guilty pleasure!

Happy eating!
-xx, Beccy


No comments:

Post a Comment