Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Obsessed: Lilly Pulitzer Summer 2014 Collection

If you hear a whimpering sound, that's probably my wallet crying.

This month Lilly Pulitzer released its summer collection, and I am completely obsessed.  While I loved last year's nautical-themed collection, I way prefer the bright printed dresses Lilly is known for, and they have totally knocked it out of the ballpark!

While preparing this blog post, I thought I would just post about my favorite dresses - of course, I decided I liked all of them, and since I can't keep you around for a fifty-page blog post, I had to practice self control *sigh*.  I instead have limited myself to four of my favorite prints!

Here's the list!

1. Lobstah Roll

Source: Lilly Pulitzer

I really, really cannot get enough of this print.  I love the cute little lobsters, the color scheme, and the fact that it is literally on everything.  I'm not kidding.  It's on dresses, bags, cups, tumblers, phone chargers, koozies, everything.  Clearly there is no shortage of love for "Lobstah Roll".

2.  Tide Pools

Source: Lilly Pulitzer

If anything has a beachy or nautical theme, I need to own it.  Bonus points if it has shells.  And that is "Tide Pools".  The blue and white remind me of Chinese porcelain!  The swirly designs and shells give it such a breezy look.

3. Ring the Bell Boy

Source: Lilly Pulitzer

Some background on this print: it is inspired by the flowers that bloom every year at The Greenbriar, one of Lilly's favorite resorts.  This is totally different from any other floral print Lilly has done (in my recent memory).  It still keeps a fun atmosphere with its bright colors, but its definitely more subdued.  The plain white background makes it perfect to wear for a Sunday brunch on a lazy summer morning!

4. Mojo

Source: Lilly Pulitzer

I would have killed to have had this print on my Easter dress!  This one is so bright and playful.  I get happy just looking at it.  I also like how the colors deviate from the usual color scheme of Lilly prints - darker pinks, blues, greens and a pop of orange.  I feel like having a tea party just so I have an excuse to wear this dress.

What are your favorite prints from the collection?

-xx, Beccy 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment