Monday, August 26, 2013

Organize Me! - Makeup

I've always had such difficulty when it comes to organizing my makeup and hair accessories.  The biggest problem I have is the fact that the only closet that is in my bathroom is a linen closet - as in the closet is built to store towels and linens.  This is great to have, but the problem is that it is very deep - and it makes it difficult to reach anything I need.  

I was getting very fed up with the constant state my bathroom was in.  I needed a major fix before school started - because there was no way I was going to function in mayhem.  And that was exactly the state my beauty products were in!

After reading a few ideas for organizing beauty products, I went to Target and bought myself a three-drawer cart in purple for $15.  Its so cute and fits perfectly just under my sink!

I store my body lotions, makeup removers, perfumes and face wash on the top of the storage unit for easy access!


I decided to group my makeup and organize it by drawers - face and lip products are in the top drawer and eye products are in the second.  The third drawer was for hair care products.  this organization worked well because it gives me room to grow my makeup collection while having more than enough room to organize everything nicely and neatly!


Here is how I organize my top drawer.  I couldn't find any small compartments that would work to store makeup, so I made due.  I used the lids to jewelry boxes (which I had a TON of) to sort and store the makeup in groups.  The layout worked so well!  I have all my face brushes and nail-grooming supplies in a drawer I took from a storage unit I never used, and then sorted face powders, blushes, bronzers and lip products into boxes in which they would fit.


My second drawer is all for eye makeup.  After doing a bit of cleaning out (throwing away old shadows, eye primers, liners that I never used, etc.) I was able to make a lot of space to expand!  I'll need that since I am absolutely addicted to eye products.

I grouped my mascaras, eyeliners and eye curlers into one of those drawers from the storage unit.  Its the perfect size and keeps all those liner tubes from rolling away!  I then stacked and stored my shadow trios and quads in the back behind the box that held the more "dressy" eyeshadows - ones with glitter and wild colors that would only be worn for a night out.  I couldn't find a box in which my cream shadow quads would fit, so I just laid them out it front.  


The third drawer is completely dedicated to my hair care regimen.  Here I store my hair masks, heat protectants, and hair accessories (hair clips, bobby pins and hairbands) as well as my wide-tooth comb - the only acceptable brush for damp hair!

And that is how I organize my makeup and hair products!  How do you organize yours?
-xx, Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment