Wednesday, July 17, 2013

OOTD | Here Comes the Sun

Little known fact - I actually really like the color yellow.
I haven't worn a lot of yellow since I was younger.  My fashion-conscious, eight-year-old self was convinced  that blondes can't wear yellow - since, well, my hair is already technically yellow - so wouldn't that be too much yellow? (Again, I was eight.)

HOWEVER I have added more yellow into my wardrobe.  I love yellow when it is done right.  I have a simple rule for all to follow:

Yellow should make you feel like a daffodil.  Not a duck.  If you feel like a creature fit for water, you're doing it wrong.

I tend to dress in more soft, natural yellows.  Think lemon, pastel, sunshine, and daisy yellows.  Not school bus, yield sign, taxi yellows.  

I have a pair of chino shorts that I purchased from Banana Republic that I cannot get enough of.  With my J. Crew chambray shirt and gold-toned wedges, it is easily the cutest outfit for a sunny day.  

Aviators, pearls and a white braided belt complete the outfit with classy flair.
I have gotten so many complements from this outfit - anyone can wear it, its affordable and easy, and the banana yellow shorts are just so fun!

I suggest that if you have fair skin like me (I'm one step from albino), then stay away from the more neon colors.  Many neon colors can make you look more tan, but yellow will not have that desired effect - in fact it will wash you out even more.  However, if your skin is darker, wear neon (tastefully)!  I would suggest restricting neon to accessories, like jewelry, belts and sandals.  Too much neon will make you look more night club and less Nantucket.

Hope y'all have fun dressing like little rays of sunshine!
-xx, Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment