Monday, June 3, 2013

As I Lament Summer Bugs

Words cannot express just how much I love summer.  You can roll the car windows down , the sun is hot, Arnold Palmers are cold, your skin gets tanner and the music gets louder.  It's my favorite season.

Until all the bugs come out.

Do not get me wrong, I love nature.  I like trees and flowers and green grass.  I love to hike and bike and I can tolerate camping,   What I don't like is the buzzing, creeping, slithering little six-legged creatures that live in nature. 

And do not get me started on the eight-legged ones.

Yet no matter how much I rage against our creepy-crawly neighbors, I do love the sounds of cicadas in the summer.  And butterflies - I like those too.

Hope y'all are having a good summer so far!
-Beccy, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment