Monday, August 12, 2013

Mani Mondays | Wet n Wild's Wild Shine in "Dreamy Poppy"

Unpainted nails make me sad.  

I love, love, love to paint my nails.  I feel so put together when they're decorated with a pretty shade.  These last few weeks have been so busy that I haven't had the chance to paint my nails - I felt naked leaving the house without a coat of polish!

Since summer is ending soon, I decided to try one last summery polish before settling into fall neutrals.  I was hoping I could find a pretty coral shade that wasn't expensive (I will not spend $8-$10 on a bottle of nail polish).  Needless to say, I got really excited when I saw Wet n Wild's nail polish in the color "Dreamy Poppy".


Wet n Wild Wild Shine in "Dreamy Poppy" - $1

I was so excited when I bought this.  The color seemed more of a coral pink than a poppy and it was only a buck!  It seemed so perfect for August.  I bought it immediately and took it home.

To be honest, you can tell this is a cheap nail polish.  The formula was weird - even when I had shaken it up, it still seemed slightly goopy.  It took forever to put on a first coat, because (and this will sound weird) the polish didn't move.  As soon as it hit the nail it would stay - it was like glue.

And it got worse.

The initial color reminded me of road construction crews.  A bright, fluorescent orange I have only seen on traffic cones had attached itself to my nails.  And it took FOREVER to dry.  It took about 30 minutes for each coat to at least get tacky, and that was with blowing on my nails and my nail drying spray.

Well, this morning it looked better.  It certainly looks more like a poppy than a coral - an it is definitely brighter than a lot of polishes I like to wear.  It is not how it appears in the polish bottle.  However, the color is actually starting to grow on me - it really is nice for August.  Alas I don't think its right for my pale skin.    But it is really pretty!


What are your favorite nail polish colors for August?
-xx, Beccy

No comments:

Post a Comment